BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Randomness

So today it is freezing, so my parents decided to let me and my siblings stay home for the day, even thought school isn't cancelled. All I've been thinking about is Wednesday Nite Live. It is in 13 days, and so many things are coming together. I've really been praying for this event that God would show himself to all the students.
Last night we had practice for a few of the skits, and it was so much fun. The process is just amazing, hopefully the night will be even better.
This is totally random, but have you ever been reading the bible, and see a verse or two that are in a song? I love it when that happens! I have no idea why, but I have always wondered where musicians get these great lyrics from. Obviously the bible duh. On my old blog, I posted a poem that I wrote.

_____________
Forgiveness, freedom, love, hope, and life.
All of these things describe something, but what?
I ask myself, what one thing could possess all five things?
I ponder this, waiting for something to come to mind.
Nothing.
Thats what came to my mind, there is nothing these five words could explain.
I looked around, finding my bible.
I saw it.
There was actually something these five words could describe.
No, it wasnt the bible, nor the words inside, but the picture baring the front.
A symbol of forgiveness, freedom, love, hope, and life.
Who knew a five letter word could explain so much?
This thing could not just hold these meanings, but it showed a story.
A story of trial, everlasting life, and a fathers love for his children.
What did I see?
I saw the cross.
As you can see, I really don't have a title. I can't call it "The Cross" which was it's origonal name, but as my sister pointed out, that gives away the ending. So please give me some ideas for a title :)
-Summer :)

1 comments:

JV said...

Hey. Thanks for you comment on my blog. And yes, I also like when I see song lyrics in their original scriptural context. Whenever that happens, I always get the song stuck in my head!

God bless,
John